The Mel and Leta Ramos Family Foundation Arts Education Initiative
Our Arts Education Initiative is modelled after other national initiatives of its kind that foreground arts education as critical to the development of arts leadership. Research in the creative fields shows that an arts education leads to greater student success in general, and an engaged and more prosperous citizenship overall.
- We focus on arts education as a primary need of individuals and communities, especially in under-funded neighborhoods and communities where our youth often lack access to ongoing immersion in, or even exposure to, the arts
- We believe that support of arts educators and teaching artists contributes to cultural vibrancy, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- We support both in-school and after-school programs through art instruction and civic engagement as part of our commitment to access and equity in arts education
Ramos Family Foundation Grantees 2019-2023
- Museum of Children’s Art (MOCHA) Oakland, CA
- Cal State East Bay Teaching Artist Internship
- Southern Exposure, Artists in Education (AIE)
- Youth Arts Exchange (YAX)
- Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions Apprenticeship Program
- Creative Growth Art Center (Oakland)
- Arts for Oakland Kids
- Gratitude NOW!
- Cal State Sacramento Student Emergency Fund
- Crocker Museum Annual Auction
- Community Arts Foundation-Walnut Creek
- The Crayon Initiative
- Ojai Valley Green Coalition, Relatives with Roots – Youth Art Camp
- UC Berkeley – Art Practice Department Fund
- Los Angeles County Arts Education Collective
- Centre Picasso Art Museum
- YouthUpRising – Art and Expression Program
- San Ramon Valley Education Foundation
- Petaluma Wildlife Museum – Petaluma High School Student docent operated
- Virtual Education Center – Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento
- Pickleberry Pie – Hospital Music Concert for Kids, Oakland
For the foreseeable future and in response to local emergency needs, the Foundation’s focused giving will be centered in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties of Northern California, with the exception of special joint partnership programs.
The Foundation is not currently accepting grant inquiries, but please help us continue our current programming by donating.